MEET THE CAREER WORDSMITH
“I see my job as part detective, part story-teller, part scientist, and part chef. I listen, question, research, and analyze before strategically boiling down a client’s personality and professional history into a tantalizing resume that is laser-focused on their target industry and role.”
Melanie Brassfield, MA, Academy Certified Resume Writer
Can you tell I LOVE writing resumes? I know it isn’t the coolest job on the block, but we all have our strengths and this one just happened to choose me.
It wasn’t always something I “rocked” at. I spent the first 14 years of my career in the Air Force. Joining as an Intelligence Officer, I quickly decided I wanted to travel the world with a window and applied to become aircrew. Deployments and exercises in the Middle East, South East Asia, Europe, the US, and Australia groomed a great understanding of the skills that many of my military transition clients have.
But then it happened. I got married to a man on the other side of the world, left the Air Force, and needed a resume. I had NO IDEA where to start – I didn’t even know what job I wanted to do.
After successfully reinventing myself for a variety of roles, from teaching to emergency management, I was approached to take a federal position preparing military members and their families for the workforce. Day one on the job, I knew I had found my niche.
I am passionate about helping people get jobs. I have a knack for dissecting a client’s strengths and pulling together a professional document that presents their career story and value offered in a compelling way.
I make clients look great on paper and on the screen, and this translates into interview calls and generous salary offers.
WHY HIRE ME?
- One of only 120 Academy Certified Resume Writers worldwide. The ACRW is a top-notch credential achieved following 3 months of seriously tough study and assessment.
- Published in “Modernize Your Resume: Get Noticed…Get Hired” (2015), the resume writing industry’s latest book on format and design strategies that work in the digital age.
- 20+ years of experience in a diverse range of industries and sectors – Military, Defense Contracting, Not- For-Profit, Federal, and Private Sector.
- Featured as a Careers and Employment expert in media, including G.I. Jobs Magazine and Military Officers Association of America (MOAA).
- Proud member of The National Resume Writers’ Association, the Military Spouse Resume Writers Coalition, and Career Directors International.
- Attendee at prestigious industry and training events, including the International Career Thought Leaders Conference and LinkedIn Optimization Strategies.
- One of the few resume writers that is trained and experienced in developing both Federal and Private Sector resumes.
- Bachelor of Arts in History; Master of Arts in International Relations; First and Final Year University Prizes.
Living in Hawaii with my husband, three kids, and the world’s biggest Weimaraner, it is fairly easy to fill my day when I am not working. Food, hiking, stand-up paddle boarding, and running (very proud to finally complete my first marathon in 2016) are among my preferred activities but I can never pass up a day at the beach.
INTERESTED IN WORKING WITH ME?
I welcome the opportunity to learn more about your career goals and to see if my services are the right fit. Please connect with me on LinkedIn or fill out the Contact Form to start the conversation.